JOURNEY INTO YOUR STORY
A TWO-DAY EXPERIENTIAL WRITING RETREAT FOR NEW AND ASPIRING WOMEN WRITERS
It’s time to tell your story.
Break through your creative barriers and get writing!
Click the I’LL TAKE IT! button below to register for the next JOURNEY INTO YOUR STORY women’s writing retreat on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, January 8, 9, 10, 2016, at Hotel Park City in beautiful Park City, UT.
WHAT IS JOURNEY INTO YOUR STORY?
Journey into Your Story is a feminine creative collective that frees you up to discover, write and polish your own unique story.
A two-day women’s writing retreat set in the tranquil mountain community of Park City, Utah, at the luxurious Hotel Park City, Journey into Your Story gives you a weekend away from the daily grind, thus allowing you to break through your creative barriers so you can get to the good stuff when you write.
AT JOURNEY INTO YOUR STORY YOU WILL...
- Connect with like-minded women who have incredible stories to tell
- Find clarity and focus through proven exercises
- Remove creative blocks so you can tap into your artistic self and productively write
- Receive practical tips and tools that allow you to optimize your limited writing time
- Participate in literary classroom instruction
- Be allowed private time for writing and reflection
- Understand all publishing options (including self-publishing), because you WILL finish your story soon
- Immerse yourself in the luxurious surroundings at one of the most prestigious mountain communities on the planet
- Experience lots of nurturing, humor, pampering, camaraderie, and play
WHY IS JOURNEY INTO YOUR STORY DIFFERENT FROM THE REST?
We celebrate the fact that everyone is different. Therefore, before you attend we’d like you to answer these questions:
- What are the challenges that keep you from writing?
- What are you doing right now to overcome those challenges?
- How long have you been working on your writing project?
- What’s it worth to you (in time, money, resources, whatever) to complete your writing goal?
- How will you feel when you cross the finish line (and finish your writing project)?
- What are you willing to do differently to make that goal happen?
- What are your expectations as a result of attending Journey into Your Story?
If possible write down the answers to these questions.
After you register, if you’re comfortable with it, please email your answers to us. It helps us to know how we can help you. Our goal is to give you the tools to rise above your perceived challenges, so that you can finally get your story down on paper. Then it can grow up to be whatever you want; a book, a screenplay, a blog, or simply a chronicle for your family.
Of course, you can still come to Journey into Your Story without sharing your answers, and you’ll still benefit immensely from attending, but if you’re brutally honest and authentic with us, we can show you how to best navigate the steps it takes to write and complete your story.
Telling your story can be a scary journey, but you can do it.
WHO IS BEHIND JOURNEY INTO YOUR STORY?
Journey into Your Story is the brain child of Stacy Dymalski and Stephanie Barton. Each has taken the other’s professional seminars and workshops. Afterward both decided the world was ready for their combined efforts. Stephanie unblocks and unleashes female creativity in women who can’t seem to take their writing and/or storytelling to the next step. And then Stacy teaches these ladies how to make the most of their newfound freedom and energy by offering practical writing and literary publishing tools.
Stacy Dymalski is an author, blogger, comedian, award-winning speaker, filmmaker, and mother of two sons. Any more than that and she’ll spontaneously combust. Her two most popular books are Confessions of a Band Geek Mom, and The Memoir Midwife: Nine Steps to Self-Publish Your Book. The former is a collection of Stacy’s comedy in short story format, and the latter is step-by-step instruction on how to self-publish a book. She also teaches Jumpstart Start Your Muse, How to Self-Publish Your Book, and How to Create a Successful Blog at the University of Utah’s Lifelong Learning Center, and has coached hundreds of people on writing and self-publishing. In 2012, Stacy was a semi-finalist in the Toastmasters International World Champion of Public Speaking Contest. Currently, she’s perfecting her one-woman comedy show, Bringing Back the Crone.
Stephanie Barton is a free spirited, passionate life transformation coach dedicated to empowering the feminine heart and teaching women to embrace and exercise their own unique voice in all areas of life. For over 25 years, Stephanie has been devoted to the healing arts, and as a result in 1998 founded the international coaching practice, Life Dream Coaching. She developed her practice to heal, empower, and support women through self-love, energetic awareness and authentic discovery. Some of Stephanie’s powerful workshops, retreats, and classes include: Inspiration Series for Women, Raise Your Happiness Factor, and Living In Gratitude & Letting Go. She is also the writer, creator, and producer of the “I AM Energy Clearing” Guided Meditation CD & Journal. Currently she’s writing her upcoming book, Fearless Love… Lead with Your Wild Heart. Stephanie is a passionate speaker, facilitator, and adult learning instructor.
DETAILS, DETAILS, DETAILS...
Coming Fall of 2017
Friday check-in by 5:00 p.m., Saturday, Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Los Angeles, CA
HOW MUCH DOES THIS COST?
An excellent question. We’re limiting the Journey into Your Story Women’s Writing Retreat weekend to just 25 attendees on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once we’re full, that’s it. But even so, we’ve managed to keep the price comparatively low
(because that’s the kind of gals we are).
Regular price: $849 (scratch that, we’re going to help)
Limited early bird special: $639 per person
Friends discount: $539 per person when you sign up with a friend (that’s an additional $100 off each)
YOUR REGISTRATION INCLUDES:
- Two full days of instruction (Saturday and Sunday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- Tips to overcome writer’s block
- How to create a story arc
- Writing exercises to help you complete certain aspects of your manuscript (outline, chapters, introduction, etc.)
- Tools to quiet your mind (so you can write)
- Pros and cons of traditional publishing vs. self-publishing
- How to protect your book’s literary rights
- How to purchase your own ISBN number
- How to get your book into the library of congress
- How to create an e-book
- How to obtain a killer book press release
- How to get your book into bookstores, libraries, and on Amazon.com
- Finding inspiration through humor
- Tips on how to market your book
- Lunch on Saturday and Sunday. (Dietary restrictions? Not a problem. Tell us.)
- Two separate half hour follow-up personal phone calls (one with Stacy and one with Stephanie) within 30 days after the retreat to help you figure out how you can keep your writing project on track until it’s complete.
You’ll receive a complete retreat itinerary after you register, including transportation options to and from the Salt Lake City airport, which is just a mere 35 minutes away.
Friday evening there is a high-vibe, no-host mixer with Stacy and Stephanie, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the bar at Hotel Park City, so we can all meet, go over the course curriculum, and set our intentions for all the positive shifts that will take place for you over the weekend.
Saturday evening you are invited to join us for dining and a round-table discussion of the day. From 4:00 to 6:00 discounted prices will apply to any food you order. Or you can get something light and hit the town later. This is your free time to do what you want! But Stacy and Stephanie will be there for you if you need them.
Hotel Park City is graciously offering a Journey into Your Story discounted nightly rate ranging from $229 to $459 per night, as follows.
Executive Suites Your Nightly Rate Hotel’s Regular Rate
Executive Suite $229 $699
Cottage Deluxe Executive Suite $299 $799
Cottage Luxury Suite $359 $799
Grand Luxury Suite $459 $1,399
If you’re local you are welcome to spend the night at home and attend the retreat during the day, but in order to truly immerse yourself in the creative freedom of the weekend, we highly recommend you spend Friday and Saturday night at Hotel Park City.
When will you ever again get the chance stay at a luxury hotel in a glamorous resort town for such a low price? You deserve to treat yourself!
PICTURE YOURSELF HERE...
These rooms are not blocked for the retreat, so once they’re gone, you won’t be able to get them at this fantastically reduced price. We’ve been notified that this September is shaping up to be a very popular time at Hotel Park City. If you want to stay, please call TODAY to reserve your room. Simply call Hotel Park City at 1-888-236-2427 (toll-free), ask for the Group Reservations Manager, and then give that person the Journey into Your Story group code of HER STORY. You’ll receive rooms at the above discounted prices, if they’re still available.
Imagine what it’s going to feel like to get your head wrapped around your writing goals, AND possibly make some headway (personally and creatively) while at the retreat. What are you waiting for? Register today to get the low price of $639 for the entire weekend (or $539 if you register with a friend). The limit is 15 attendees, so don’t wait too long, or you may miss out.
Come play with Stacy and Stephanie.
Get inspired, connected, motivated, and creatively rejuvenated.
Don’t wait a moment longer. Time is your only non-renewable resource. Don’t waste it.
Questions? Click HERE to register for Journey into Your Story Women’s Writing Retreat at the luxurious Hotel Park City. Come unwind, relax, and finally be creativity productive. You’ll be so glad you did.