(Scroll down to see all workshop decriptions)
Unless otherwise noted, all workshops are weekday evenings, 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and are held at
826 S Victory Blvd, Burbank, CA 91502
See below for specific dates of upcoming workshops
Roadmap to Your Story
Tuesday, January 30, 6:00 to 8:30 p.m.
Do you have a story to tell, but you don't know how to start? It doesn't matter if you're writing a novel, memoir, or how-to book, every story flows along an arc. But how do you find that arc so that you can sit down and finally write your story? You have to know where to begin, right?
This workshop is the perfect first step to get you moving down the right path.
ROADMAP TO YOUR STORY is a workshop version of my private client one-on-one session so that you can finally get clear on the following elements of your story:
- Your intentions and and goals for writing your story (Why do you want or need to write it?)
- Your story's message (How is your audience changed by your story?)
- The structure of your story (What is your beginning, middle, end?)
- The turning points of your story (Where's the conflict?)
- The audience for your story (Who best benefits by reading your story?)
- Your writing schedule (How are you going to carve out time to get this done?)
- Sharing your story (Will you self-publish or look for a publisher?)
It doesn't matter if you're a writer or not, if you have an idea for a story, I will show you how to map it out and get clear on what it is you want to write. And then you can decide if it's worth your time to actually sit down and do it (my guess is that it will be).
Normally it's $150 for one hour of my time to sit down with you personally to map out your story, but
for a limited time this workshop
is only $25!
Workshop is held at 826 S Victory Blvd, Burbank
How to Self-Publish Your Book
Wednesday, January 31, 6:00 to 8:30 p.m.
Self-publishing is an exciting new option for authors, but where do you start? There are nine main steps to self-publishing and this workshop goes through all of them with you, plus includes some bonus material on marketing your book after it's published.
In this class you will learn how to:
- Buy your book's ISBN and barcode (and understand why you need both)
- Select a BISAC code (so your book ends up on the right shelf in a bookstore)
- Get your book in the Library of Congress (so libraries have access to your book)
- Find an editor, book designer, and cover designer
- Get your book on Amazon as a hardcopy, Kindle version and audio book
- Select a POD (print on demand) website
- Get your book in bookstores...and more!
Plus you get a FREE copy of THE MEMOIR MIDWIFE: NINE STEPS TO SELF-PUBLISHING YOUR BOOK, the definitive, no-nonsense, straight forward text book on self-publishing. A $20 value!